Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Excellence in Leadership

“The choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself”. –Oprah Winfrey

What profound words.  It made me ask exactly what are my intentions to require more of myself?

Make more money?

Spend more time with my family?

Be more generous?

Volunteer more in the community?

In the end it was an easy choice:  listen to my gut more.  Follow my intuition.  Act on that still small voice.  It's a powerful daily habit for feminine leaders.

You’ve got it, too.  Every business owner does – everyone does for  that matter.

It’s the voice that leads us to what’s next, into the next opportunity,  and helps confirm that we’re on the right track.

The triple bottom line includes people, planet and profits.  Maybe it’s time to add a fourth:  purpose.

Only when we are tuned into our gut feelings are we on track with purpose.  And without purpose, profits have no meaning.

If you know  why you’re driving your business, then the how to/how much equation becomes easier. Purpose is central to not only a good life, but to a great business.

I’ll choose excellence by choosing a business on purpose and a life in balance.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment