Sunday, March 8, 2015

You are remarkable

Being vulnerable is not weakness, it is actually our strength. 


I know it’s not common wisdom and as women, so often when we reveal ourselves, we end up giving away our power. Yet it is our ability to deeply connect with each other that creates community,  support and collaboration. 

It is a rare thing in the business world to feel that someone has taken the time to truly see you, and moreso to allow ourselves to be seen. 

This week  I met with three men on three separate occasions. I was bowled over by the way that they approached me.  All numbers, vomiting their resume over the phone or on the table as if to prove that they had the chops to be in business. 

It struck me that that men may experience what women do - the feeling of being not good enough and not worthy. I always thought that men LIKED the competition, the hard push of things and proving that they were more worthy than the other guy. 

I was open and vulnerable with  them about my work in feminine leadership.  It was a stretch because most of the time I'm met with blank stares or men saying  "That sounds a bit obtuse".   I am no longer able?  willing?  to not speak about the importance of women empowering themselves to leadership. 

It was interesting that all three men softened as we talked and we experienced a profound and meaningful discussion that led to a change in attitude and understanding. 

It’s why the upward rising of feminine leadership is so important. 

 The fully grounded presence of feminine leaders changes the paradigm of what leadership can be about while at the same time making space for the healing of all who come in contact with her. 

You are so necessary right now. Your presence and brilliant mind is vital to the conversation. 

Don’t forget. You. Are. Remarkable. 

 XO Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment