Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Joy of Life

I started this blog because I wanted a place to write about the things that really make me happy,  that create such an upsurge of energy that I can't help but feel good.

It seems life is so hectic that we seldom remember to simply be in the moment and feel happy.

I was walking down the street a few days ago looking for a particular store.  I looked on the marquee that showed the location of all of the stores in the outside mall I was at.

It was a beautiful day, Colorado at its finest.  And yet I was obsessed with thinking – and thinking about things that had no relation at all to being at the mall shopping.

Work, my website, an upcoming presentation.

My kids, a baby shower and what food needed to be made.

My grands and the new baby on the way.


My parents and their upcoming birthdays.

Then I saw the map.  YOU ARE HERE ↓

I had a huge aha!  moment -  and I stopped in my  tracks.

I realized in that moment that I was NOT here – only in body.  My mind was so busy jumping around that not only was in rooted in the past, I was jumping to the future with no real idea of what the future was even about.

YOU ARE HERE – when I read those words I took a deep breath and stopped – and took in the beauty of the day, the awesome weather, the fact that I was there – healthy, free, awake, and grateful.  I became the moment, and all of time stood still.

YOU ARE HERE instantly changed my biology from closed to open as I realized that I could let go of thinking about things that I have no control over – and instead focus on what is right in front of me.  My point of power and intention is always in the right now.

I can live in the past, try to predict the future, or I can stay here and experience the NOW.

Could you stop what you’re doing – just for a minute, take a breath and say to yourself – YOU ARE HERE.

Have a great day -

No comments:

Post a Comment